OSHA 10 Hour General Industry
Date: Call 804-454-1123 for training
Classroom Location: 8052 Elm Drive, Suite O, Mechanicsville, VA 23111
Course Description: This course covers OSHA policies, procedures and standards as well as general industry safety and health principles. Topics include scope and application of the OSHA general industry standards. Special emphasis is placed on those areas that are most hazardous, using OSHA standards as a guide. This course is designed for entry level workers. OSHA 10 Hour General Industry card will be provided upon successful completion of this course.
- Describe the effects of workplace injuries and illnesses.
- Explain the mission, focusing on the importance, of OSHA.
- Describe the organization, origin and codification of OSHA standards.
- Describe the process and rules for OSHA inspections, citations, penalties, and policies.
- Describe elements, guidelines and OSHA programs relating to safety and health programs in General Industry worksites.
- Recognize hazards and requirements covered under OSHA's General Industry standard, 29 CFR 1910.
- Identify standard violations and recommend abatement methods for hazards in the General Industry.
Approximate time: 10 hours